Please provide as much information as you are able to. The more we know about your requirements, the better we will be able to serve you. The easiest way to send us the information is to simply copy and paste the questions into an email and then put your responses in a different colour below each section. If you wish to print it out, please click here for the PDF version.
- Please provide full company name, address, phone, email and primary contact name.
- Describe your company or industry, include names of competitors.
- What are your schedule requirements?
- What is the budget for this project?
2. Site Name
- What do you wish to name your website?
- What domain name have you chosen to register?
- Is this domain name available? (Check it on our main website at http://thenetnow.com – top right corner)
- Have you registered this domain name?
Please tell us what objective you hope to achieve with your website. Rank the importance of the following:
- To compliment other forms of advertising.
- To sell products directly online(accept credit cards)
- To sell products showcased online, but payment by mail or phone.
- To offer additional product information to customers.
- To offer company information to customers/employees/suppliers.
- To increase brand awareness.
- To stay ahead of the competition on the web.
- What types of visitors do you want to attract?
- What are your goals for each type of visitor?
- What are the products/services involved?
- What are your goals for these products/services?
- Where will content come from?
- How often will you add new content?
- Who will update the content?
- Describe any work that has been done toward designing/redesigning a new web site.
- Will the web site reinforce an existing branding or marketing strategy?
- Discuss any identity/branding assets. Are logos, other artwork, and fonts that you use in business cards, brochures etc available for us to use?
- What functional requirements do you believe to be necessary? (e.g., download areas, database-driven web pages, e-commerce, catalogue, formmail etc.)
- Who will update these? (The Net Now or other developer)
- Who will maintain the site contents?
- If you are planning to maintain it yourself, please provide answers for the following:
- Do you require a Content Management System so you can update your website yourself?
- Do you own and are you experienced with Dreamweaver or simimlar software.
- Are there other technical issues or limitations?
- Have you budgeted for hosting and maintenance of the site?
- If so, what is your budget?
- How will the site be served/hosted? (The Net Now or other?)
- What is your long-term plan for the site?
7. Site Layout
Please outline what pages you will require on your site. Consider including the following:
- Splash Page (no content, just introduces site with a graphic typically)
- Main or welcome page (contains table of contents, links to other pages, some content)
- Products Listing (estimate number of pages required - is a shopping cart required?)
- Order Page (purchasers submit online orders for your products or services)
- Feedback Page (Let visitors know how to contact you, can use an online response form)
- About the Company (A page to tell visitors who you are, possibly include FAQ)
- News, Specials (Announce special events, new products etc.)
- Interactive Page (Let visitors interact on a bulletin board, newsletter, blog etc.)
- Other (Let us know of any special requirements)
8. Web Tour
This is a very important step. To get the best idea of the type of website you desire, please take a look online and make a list of the best sites. Use the criteria below when on the Web that relate to your project in the following categories:
- Appeal to same target group of customers.
- Colors, look-and-feel, user interface, layout.
- Size of site or project.
- Publishing model (frequency, novelty of content, etc.)
- Attracting new people to the site (newsworthiness, giveaways, impact, etc.)
- Your competitors' sites.
- Quality of content.
- Quality of graphics.
- Functionality (things sites do for people)
- Community, special features, responsiveness, other categories important to your project.
- Overall favorite sites (for whatever reasons)